Chapter 23- Section 4- Group 4
1. What was the name of the treaty that forved China to recognize the complete independence of Korea?
2. What island and what group of islands did China have to give to Japan? ("?; ?")
3. In another provision of the Treaty of Shimonoseki, China gave Japan which strategic location on the southern coast of Manchuria?
4. Which sea does the Liaodong Peninsula jut into?
5. What excellent harbor was on the tip of the Liaodong Peninsula?
6. What was the amount of the indemnity that China had to pay to Japan? (ex. "$123 trillion")
7. Which other nation did the Treaty of Shimonoseki displease?
8. What Russian naval base did the Russians not want a strong power in Korea close to?
9. Which three nations joined China in advising the Japanese government to withdraw fromt he Liaodong Peninsula? (alphabetically; "?; ?; ?")
10. How long was the lease that France received in return for helping the Chinese with their indemnity? What territory was leased? (ex. "123 years; Abc")
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
1. Treaty of Shimonoseki
2. Formosa; Pescadores
3. Liaodong Peninsula
4. Yellow Sea
5. Port Arthur
6. $150 million
9. France; Germany; Russia
10. 99 years; Zhanjiang