Chapter 23- Section 5- Group 3
1. The United States established firm control over Tutuila and how many other small islands? (ex. "123")
2. The combined area of United States held territory in the Samoan Islands equalled how many square miles? (ex, "123")
3. What did the United State's possessions in the Samoan Islands become known as?
4. What did the German possessions in the Samoan Islands become known as?
5. What islands were far more important to the Untied States than the Samoan Islands? ("? Islands")
6. Businesses from the United States and other foreign nations began to develop what two crop plantations on the Hawaiian Islands? (alphabetically; "?; ?")
7. Which islands and which territory in the western Pacific Ocean had been parts of Spain's empire? ("? Islands; ?")
8. Which nation declared war with Spain? (two words)
9. What was this war called?
10. In which two places did most of the fighting occur? (alphabetically; "?; ?")
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
3. American Samoa
4. Western Samoa
5. Hawaiian Islands
6. pineapple; sugarcane
7. Philippine Islands; Guam
8. United States
9. Spanish-American War
10. Cuba; Puerto Rico