Chapter 20- Section 2- Group 1
1. What is the name for sciences that deal with the inanimate, or nonliving, aspects of nature? (ex. "? sciences")
2. Which theory states that all matter in the universe consists of very small particles called atoms? (ex. "? theory")
3. Which Greek philosopher help start the development of the this theory?
4. What is the name of the revolution during which people began to accept the atomic theory, although there was no proof to support it?
5. Which English chemist and school-teacher became the first scientist to obtain convincing experimental data about the atom and outlined a method for "weighing" atoms?
6. What arbitrary weight did Dalton assign to the lightest element? What was the lightest element to which he assigned this weight? (ex. "123; magnesium")
7. Which Russian chemist produced the first workable classification of the elements?
8. What was this chart of the classification of the elements called? (two words)
9. What is the term for the science of matter and energy?
10. When water is in the form of gas, what is it called?
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
1. physical sciences
2. atomic theory
4. Scientific Revolution
6. 1; hydrogen
8. Periodic Table
10. water vapor