Chapter 20- Section 2- Group 3
1. Which sub-atomic particles did Rutherford find whirling in circular orbirts around the nucleus of an atom? (plural)
2. Which smaller sub-atomic particles did Rutherford find in the nucleus of an atom? (plural)
3. What sub-atomic particle specifically mentioned in the book did scientists after Rutherford discover? (plural)
4. Which theory states that energy could be released only in definite "packages"? ("? theory")
5. Who developed the quantum theory?
6. What did Planck call the "packages" energy is released in? What is it's plural form? What does it mean in Latin? ("singular form; plural form; Latin meaning")
7. Which German scientist wrote four papers that revolutionized physics?
8. In which theory did Einstein state that no particles of matter can move faster than the speed of light and that motion can be measured only relative to some particular observer?
9. Which equation did Einstein introduce in his fourth paper? (use "2" for "squared")
10. What does the variable "E" in E=mc2 stand for? What does the "m" stand for? What does the "c" stand for? (?; ?; ?)
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
4. quantum theory
6. quanta; quantum; how much
8. special theory of relativity
10. energy; mass; speed of light