Chapter 20- Section 4- Group 2
1. Which English anthropologist compared the customs of different societies and tried to show links between those societies?
2. What book did Frazer write?
3. What word refers to the study of human relationships in society?
4. Which French philosopher greatly influenced sociology by aruging that the study of society should follow scientific methods by using objective facts and avoiding personal interpretations?
5. Who used Darwin's theory of evolution as a basis for studying human communities?
6. What was the name of the book that Spencer wrote?
7. What do we call the application of Darwin's theory of natural selection to human society?
8. Which science studies the human mind, how it works, and how it affects behavior?
9. Which Russian biologist discovered certain behaviors in people and animals that are automatic?
10. What do scientists call the involuntary response humans and animals have to some things such as humans to fire and dogs to food?
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
2. The Golden Bough
6. Principles of Sociology
7. social Darwinism
10. reflex action