Chapter 21- Section 1- Group 9
1. Which English sailor was on a scientific expedition for the navy when he sailed along Australia's eastern shore? ("Captain ?")
2. What name did Captain Cook give Australia?
3. What town did prisoners of Australia found?
4. What were the gangs of escaped convicts in Australia called?
5. What are the original inhabitants of Australia who were hunted down like animals called? (plural)
6. Name the five colonies in Australia. (alphabetical order; "?; ?; ?; ?; ?")
7. Where in Canada was gold discovered?
8. What area was established because of all the people the Klondike gold rush had brought? (start with "the")
9. What was the name of the policy that only allowed white people to immigrate?
10. For how long were the members of the upper house in New South Wales appointed?
Created using Testmaker from
The Big Bus
1. Captain Cook
2. New South Wales
6. Queensland; South Australia; Tasmania; Victoria; Western Australia
8. the Yukon Territory
9. White Australia